Thursday, June 11, 2009

Weekend Excursion


Hi everyone--


This week has been full of work for the most part, but my group gave its presentation in class on Thursday so for the rest of the trip (both remaining here and in Thailand), I don't have to worry about anything other than the assigned readings/journals/papers for classes!


This weekend we're going to take an excursion to Malaysia, so I'll have a lot more to talk about once I get back to Singapore Sunday evening. Malaysia and Singapore are really close (check it out on a google map), so although it's about a three hour bus ride, it IS still accessible by automobile. There's a big causeway that people cross, and it apparently gets crowded on holidays and weekends (so hopefully we won't be in traffick for too long).


Other than that -- stuff's going on but nothing so unusual that I need to share it just this second. I went East Coast park yesterday with some people and rode around on a bike (very fun). There should be a bike ride in Malaysia too -- one that's roughly 10 km. We'll see if I survive!


Hope everyone is staying in good health & spirits. Miss you all!


Love,

Allie


p.s. Did you know they have curry sauce in their McDonalds here? They have chili sauce for their fries, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment