Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pre-Departure

Hey everyone!

As promised, I'm going to at least attempt to keep a blog with updates about my trip to Southeast Asia. For everyone's benefit, here's a brief outline of the trip:

Departure: Sunday, May 24th from Charlotte-Douglas Airport
Landing: Tuesday, May 26th in Singapore, Singapore at 12:30 p.m.

In Singapore I'll be studying at the National University of Singapore (NUS) with about 24 other Carolina students. We will be taking one class about immigration and asylum in the United States. When we're not in class (which takes up only about three hours a day) or doing homework, we'll be visiting many places around the country including government agencies, national parks, and businesses. Oh, and we'll be eating some SWEET (and spicy?) food, for sure. I can't wait to post pictures!

On June 24th, I'll be leaving Singapore to head over to Thailand. We'll be landing on Wednesday, June 24th at 2:55 p.m. in Bangkok, at which point I imagine we'll settle into Mahidol University International College (MUIC).

I'll be leaving Thailand on July 17th, at which point I'll stay in Hong Kong for a few days with some people from the trip. So as of now, I'm scheduled to check out of the hotel in Hong Kong on July 21st and I'll arrive home sometime (either the 21st or 22nd -- I can't ever figure out with time differences).

I will miss everyone back home, but I can't wait to get started on this adventure! All my love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment